|A must for ALL serious Shadows Collectors !
|* "... superb ... "|
— Rob Bradford in Shadsfax (May-June 1999)
* "... absolutely essential fodder for all fans of The Shadows ... "
— Roger Newell in Bassist (July 1999)
* "... an awesome and detailed reference book ... "
— Tony Stanley in Record Collector (July 1999)
* "... so much reference material that it will keep any Shadows fan occupied for many years. It don't get no better than this folks ... "
— Record Mart & Buyer (October 1999)
* "The detail of the listing has to be seen to be believed Enough to satisfy the most demanding of fans, collectors and 'trainspotters'"
— Dave Dixon, Website (1999)
* "An essential reference for the casual fan, the enthusiast and the trainspotter alike ... it will rapidly become an indispensable reference"
— Ian McKay in Shadsfax (March-April 1999)
A GUIDE TO THE SHADOWS & HANK MARVIN ON CD
Author: Malcolm Campbell
A5 Paperback, 313 pages; ISBN: 0 9535567 0 0
— This work is regretably now out of print —
Here are some of the other comments sent directly to the author .....
* "BRILLIANT (what more can I say?). Having been a Shadows fan since 1958 and following them through thick and thin I must say that your book is the best reference work I have ever seen" Jim Hunt UK
* "An excellent piece of work ..." Ulrich Sasu Germany
* "Congratulations on a terrific job ... a joy for any Shaddict" Douglas ("Leatherman") Halliday USA* "... a polished and learned gem ..." Jim Nugent UK
* "I must say you have done a FANTASTIC job here ..." Jan Arne Flatby Norway
* "What a splendid and excitingly well researched book!" Bob Gregory UK
* "I've just received a F-A-N-T-A-S-T-I-C book!!!! ... All serious Shads fans MUST get it ..." Sergio Nascimento Brazil
* "It is a very nice work ... Have you any interest in making a Cliff Guide?!" Kees Verhaaren The Netherlands
* "This will be a marvellous source of info" John Dyhouse UK
* "Thank you for a beautiful book ... I am looking forward to your book nr.2" Hans-Jørgen Olsen Norway
* "Fantastic effort mate! ... You've delivered ... bingo!" John Campbell New Zealand
A comprehensive review of all major Shadows & Hank Marvin CDs issued worldwide between Sept 1984 and Feb 1999, with:
|* Reference Discographies for The Shadows/Hank Marvin/Marvin (Welch) & Farrar, giving details of alternative versions and earliest Stereo releases|
|* CD Catalogues with info for 193 different issues (including promos, special products and club editions) on running-order, timings, inlays/ booklets, picture-discs, remastering|
|* Track Listings 3694 entries giving locations for all 795 Shadows/ Hank Marvin titles issued on CD, with info on composer(s), first UK release date, first UK & overseas CD release, alternative versions|
|- Also: * Worldwide CD Survey * Best Buys * Alternative Versions A-Z * Mono Issues * Unofficial Releases * EMI Compilation Top Tens and Top Twenties * Shadstrax: The Shadows as Composers|
|Price per copy: £16.00 + postage & packing at the following rates ....|
UK: £2.75; Airmail Europe: £3.50; Airmail Rest of World £7.50
|Copies may be ordered from:|
Leo's Den Direct
P.O.Box 4088, STURMINSTER NEWTON, Dorset, DT10.1YP, England
|Payment: Credit Card (Visa/ Mastercard/ American Express/ Diners Club/ Switch/ Delta/ Eurocard), Cheque (in UK£ through a UK bank), P.O.s, or UK£ sent by Registered Post.|
e-Mail enquiries to: email@example.com - Tel./Fax: +44 1258 821341
|Or from the author:|
P.O. Box 160, MORPETH, Northumberland, NE61 6WY, England
|Payment: UK: Cash sent by Registered Post, crossed Postal Order or Cheque (payable to 'M. Campbell')|
Rest of World: Cash in UK£ sent by Registered Post; £Eurocheque; £Bank Draft payable through a UK bank.
e-Mail enquiries to: firstname.lastname@example.org